I have been challenged to a quirk off. And against quirk off rules (I am sure!) my sister gave me a head start. Which I must say was a little exaggerated! So, I will start with a few adjustments to my so called quirks.
1. Abby quoted me as saying "I just don't think I am that quirky..." Not true! I just was having a hard time determining between the normal and the quirky.
2. When my snake died (after 20 years of pet hood) my boyfriend bought me a Red Eyed Tree Frog. While at the pet store buying crickets for Fiona I saw and fell in love with Frank the Tank. He is a Poison Dart Frog (although they are not poisonous in captivity). Fiona didn't make it and Frank was lonely so I ordered him three friends from Ohio (he is less than half an inch long and was all alone in a 45 gallon tank!) These little buggers are so fun! So... I made a little home for a couple of PDF's on my desk at my office. I think this is all reasonable!
3. Yes. I do order three drinks every time I am at Sonic. I get a Diet Coke for the caffeine. A Diet Sprite for the flavor. And... a water for sustenance. Totally makes sense to me.
4. I used to have a problem with opening a gift-wrapped box. I was always taught not to rip paper. In second grade I got in big trouble when I ripped my school paper out of my teachers hands! And some of the paper is so pretty! I did have a problem with keeping some of the paper because I didn't feel right about throwing it away. But... I have rid myself of all that mess since the sale of my house. (I think... there are a couple of boxes I haven't tried to conquer yet.)
5. I totally admit to keeping my chewed up gum on note cards with the details of the day on it. It was sorta like my diary.
6. I am an animal lover! Okay? I was driving (with Penny the cat in tow) to visit my sister in College Station once. It was late... there was a baby cow in the road in the middle of nowhere. I called 911 but they wanted to know where I was. I had no idea. So, in order to save the baby and maybe a life or two I got out of the car and ran towards the cow till it trotted off the road and then I went to the neighbors houses to see if they were missing a cow. Nobody was home. I still wonder if she ever made it home...
7. I don't always steal the rocks. Sometimes I will throw a quarter in the fountain nearby. Or my main man, Billy, will bring one home to me! And, now they serve as a rock garden for the ceramic frog Billy got me for my doorstep. So cute!
8. I like real honey with with my Chick-fil-a nuggets. I only need 4 though. And by the way... I only like catsup in packets. I hate cold catsup!
9. And now I will through my own favorite quirk... I have a plethera of costume and costume like clothing. I love thrift stores and I love fun old stuff. I like wigs and funny hats. I am also known to have more make-up than a make-up company. Though I rarly wear any.
10. Last but not least... I think it is funny to say "my butt" before or after almost anything. I know... I'm 30. But, I think "my butt is funny". See! It works!
Now... how is that for quirky?
You are welcome to add any you have seen or heard. I am proud to be a little different!